Tuesday 27 March 2012

BA (Hons) Filmmaking course

I have visited the university before on a previous open day and what attracted me to the university was the environment and people and how everyone is so friendly. When I came to the university on an open day I saw teachers and current students who were very motivated and very positive about their current roles. They loved talking about what they teach, what they study, why they chose to do this, what other students can do to improve on any skills, what other staff members and students can do in their own time. They showed me how studying at this university is both educational and fun at the same time. And how proud they are to have chosen this university. On the open day I was very influenced by all the people I met, because they all had a positive impact on me and my decision for choosing this university.
What attracted me towards the BA (Hons) Filmmaking course is that it prepares me for the industry and you use all the updated software as well as setting a high standard for students and allowing us to work with professionals in the industry as learning individuals. This course covers the most amazing and highly acclaimed topics which are needed to work in film and TV, such as CGI, video post production, camerawork, lighting, special effects production and so much more. I really want to work within all these areas to broaden my creative skills and so I can work with a number of different professionals and individuals to create amazing pieces of work such as adverts, films and TV shows as well as materials for the music industry. This course also appealed to me because it focuses on allowing me to express my own ideas and stories through my work of moving image and learning about the principles of Factual, Fiction, and Artist Filmmaking. This will be vital, important and will reflect the time when I come to make my own short film as learning about all this will make me a better film maker and creative individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment